Last Updated Date: May 24, 2018
Effective Date: June 25, 2018
What is meant by personal data & information:
Personal data & information is information that can be used to identify you such as your name, IP address, and email address.
The personal data do we collect from you and how we collect it:
- When you opt-In to receive the free ebook and all subsequent email correspondence: Your first name and email address.
- When you purchase something from the site: Your name, email address, billing information and payment source.
- When you submitting questions & comments on the site: Your name, email address, and your question or comment.
Why do we collect the above information:
- The opt-In to receive free ebook and all subsequent email correspondence: To provide you with the free ebook, free lessons, product information, and any other related email correspondence.
- Transactions (only for those who purchase any products from us): to process your purchase and send you the product that you paid for.
- Submitting questions & comments on the site: To answer your questions or respond to your comments.
What legal basis do we have for collect the above information:
- Opt-In to receive free ebook and all subsequent email correspondence: We always ask for your consent first. No one can subscribed your email address with your consent that you’ll provide by clicking on a confirmation link.
- Transaction (only for those who purchase any products from us): We will collect your information as part of a legal contractual transaction.
- Submitting questions & comments on the site: We have a legitimate interest in providing a response to your questions and need to use your data to do so. We will not use the data for other purposes.
Who has access to the data we collect (in addition to us):
Like with any business, in our business too we use third party service providers to help cater a quality service to our users and customers. These third parties have signed contracts with us in which they are prohibited from utilizing, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than we dictate. Here’s a list of the type of such third party services we use:
- Financial transaction processors (for processing your payments)
- Survey platforms
- Email marketing service providers
- Website management services
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Web Beacons (“Tracking Pixels”) are small graphic images, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs” that may be embedded in web pages and email messages. Web beacons may be used to monitor the number of visitors to a website, to track how users navigate a site, or to count the number of emails opened or specific pages or links viewed.
Data Analytics: The site uses third-party web analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us analyze how visitors use the sites. These services track information about visitors including IP addresses, browser types, referring pages, pages visited, and time spent on particular pages which we use to improve our products and tailor the user experience on our sites.
In case of legal claim:
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data until the matter has resolved.
Your Right To Ask For Corrections, Erasure, And Export Of Your Data
You have the right to control your personal data. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- The right to be informed: We are informing you now with this policy.
- The right of access: We’ll provide you with the data we have about you.
- The right to rectification: Request we fix incorrect data about you.
- The right to erasure: Request we erase certain data about you.
- The right to restrict processing: Ask us to restrict certain type of processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability: Ask us to provide your personal data we have for export.
- The right to object: Object to how we use your data.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling: We don’t profile you, but keep in mind you have this right with other sites.
Your Right To Withdraw Consent
Wherever we’ve asked for your consent to collect or process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you receive email messages from us, you can use the “unsubscribe” link in each message to withdraw consent and stop the mailings. Alternatively, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request.
We maintain appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards designed to protect personal information that we obtain in accordance with this Policy. Although we use reasonable efforts to secure such information, transmission via the Internet is not entirely secure, and we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of information transmitted to us over the Internet.
Users under 13 years of age:
Our Services are not directed to and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Data, we will take steps to remove such data. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. By using the Services, you are representing to us that you are not under the age of 13.
Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints.
You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request with any questions or requests you have about these policies or your personal data. If, after contacting us, you feel a privacy issue has not be resolved, you have the right to file a complaint with a Supervisory Authority.
Legal Disclosures of Personal Information.
We may process, store, and disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (2) protect and defend our rights or property or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the site.
You may leave comments on forum posts. Please remember that any information you provide is not private. The information can be viewed by anyone online including family, friends, the media, investigators, and potential employers conducting background checks.
Social sharing features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Third Party Websites.
We link to other sites, but please keep in mind that we do not control the privacy policies of those sites. Make sure to review the policies of any such sites before providing your personal information.
Sale of Business
Should we sell this site or our business, your personal information will be an asset transferred to the new owner.
Language used in this policy:
This policy is executed in English and may be translated into other languages. In the event of any conflict or discrepancy between the English language and a translated version of the English language version shall control to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Representative: Dilshan Jayasinha
Jay Online Private Limited
43 Dehiwala Road, Pepiliyana, Sri Lanka