The Minimum You Need To Know About Me:
- A son, a husband, a brother (and a bit of a cocky douchebag if I’m being honest)
- 36-year old Sri Lankan who’s been fortunate to have lived in Monaco, Switzerland, India, Maldives, & Sri Lanka
- Created this site in 2013 and grew it to one of THE most popular Sinhala learning sites today with thousands of active subscribers
- Sharing over 95% of my material FOR FREE with my subscribers because I’m fricking awesome like that (See, I warned you about the “cocky douchebag” part)
A Couple Of My Other Websites:
Created in September 2016
Created in December 2016
I Am Not Your Teacher
I am NOT a Sinhala teacher. Never have been, and to be honest, I don’t want to be one.
Let me explain…
You see, I really don’t want to ‘teach’ you Sinhala. Instead I want to guide you on how to learn Sinhala… Sounds cute, I know, but hear me out.
To teach Sinhala, I’ll just need to regurgitate whatever vocabulary, grammar, and nasty linguistic words like ‘gerund’ and ‘subjunctive’ that I barely remember from school, give it to you, and then say “Good luck, you’re on your own now” and call it a day.
But taking the second approach forces me (sometimes to the point of wanting to pull my hair out) to put myself where you are and find out the most simple but effective short cuts, tips, and tricks that will help someone like you, the non-speaker, to learn Sinhala.
More specifically, my goal is to help you:
- Absorb the basics of Sinhala
- Apply what you learned through a few examples and tools
- Steadily develop your confidence and comfort with the language;
- Up to the point that you are ready to improvise with it.
So, no, I’m not a Sinhala teacher…
Instead, think of me of as “some Sri Lankan guy” you just met, who’s using his personal experience, years of hard work and self-inflicted brain torture, and his love (or some call it, obsession) for deconstructing & simplifying things, in order to hack the Sinhala language to make it as easy as possible for you to learn Sinhala.
So… What Do You Do Next?
You subscribe below, that’s what you do next.
(I’m currently even giving away my super-duper phrasebook to those who join).
Take this blog for a spin for the next couple of weeks. If you don’t like what you see, you’ll always have the option of unsubscribing anytime you want.